Bloggers today are required to outline some legal information for their readers. On this page you'll find all of my legal housekeeping. Because the proper verbage needed is often tedious, I've decided to do this two ways. In Part 1, you can read my cliffs-notes version that I've tried to make a little more fun and engaging.
Without further adieu, in Part 1, you can find my:
- Disclosure: where I let you know that some of the links I use are affiliate links
- Terms and Conditions: where you can find out how and when to quote me, if you feel so inclined
- Disclaimer: where I let you know that you should never take anything I write as a substitute for medical treatment
- Scripture References: where I acknowledge that unless otherwise noted, I use the NKJV translation
Welcome again to The Hallway Initiative! More than anything else, I want to encourage you to choose to praise the Lord during times of hardship, no matter how hard, long, or dark your particular hallway turns out to be. In order to best do that, I might recommend, promote, or endorse products and services that I believe will bring value and encouragement to you. I might receive compensation for doing so (at no additional cost to you), either in the form of a commission or free product.
The Hallway Initiative is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. What this means is that if I provide a link to an item on Amazon, if you purchase anything through my link, I'll receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
All of the opinions I share here are my own. I will always give you my honest opinion about anything I recommend here. If I'm given a product in return for a review and don't completely love the product, I'll let you know.
Thank you for supporting my blog!
The Hallway Initiative's Privacy Manifesto:
- Nobody appreciates spam, so I promise never to send you any.
- I will not sell or distribute your email address.
- I will not recommend scams.
- I will recommend things that I believe will be beneficial for my readers, but you are completely free to disregard anything I suggest if it's not a good fit for you. I promise we'll still be friends. :)
- I will do everything I can to ensure that I'm abiding by all legal guidelines and requirements for running a blog.
Terms and Conditions:
The Hallway Initiative blog is my own creation, so I'll probably put my foot in my mouth occasionally. I appreciate your grace and understanding when this happens. If you enjoy my ramblings and are willing to forgive my faux pas enough that you'd like to use short excerpts of my works, I would be honored! All I ask is that you attribute my work with a link to my website. For larger quotes, you can request my written permission here (and I'm usually happy to give it). Please feel free to contact me with any questions or send me an email at email@example.com.
From time to time, I may share what is or isn't working in my family as we wade the ever-changing waters of medical issues. Everything I write is intended as information only and should never replace advice from your regular doctor or practitioner. (This is good advice to follow whenever you're reading anything, but I need to state it outright here for legal purposes.)
I am not liable or responsible for any damages any individual or entity may claim as a result of reading the information found on my blog.
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture is taken from the New King James Version(r). Copyright (c) 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Cookies I use:
Google Analytics - this helps me collect data on website usage. This data does not (do not? I think "data" is actually plural) include personally-indentifiable information. You can view Google's policy here, if you're interested.
Facebook Pixel - I use the Facebook Pixel for retargeting Facebook ads. You can view Facebook's policy here.
Thank you so much for being a part of The Hallway Initiative community! If you have any questions about the way I handle information (or about any other topic, too, really) feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the "contact" tab in the navigation bar at the top of my site.
As a blogger, I do my utmost to keep my site up-to-date, legal, and compliant with the various requirements and regulations around the world. Even though I personally find privacy policies and other such legal documents to be a bit dry, you are more than welcome to read through my policies and disclosures here. I pretty much copied and pasted it (after editing it to fit my personal website) from April at BlacksburgBelle.com, because she was so sweet to share the documents her lawyer husband prepared for her.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Me
I collect information you provide directly to me. For example, I collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with me via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with me.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Services, I will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation.
Information I Collect Automatically
When you access or use my Services, I may automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information - I collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information - I collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of my mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies - I and my service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information I Collect From Other Sources
I may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, I will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; I may also collect information about you when you post content to my pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
I may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by The Hallway Initiative and others, and provide news and information I think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with my Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information I get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
I am based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on my behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of my Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if I believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If I believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of The Hallway Initiative or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of my business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on my Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
The Hallway Initiative takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing me at email@example.com or by filling out the "contact" page above.
If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that I may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. I may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of my Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you opt out, I may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or my ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.